Ah, I bet you are sitting at your computer, hunched over like the rest of us with the terrible posture that would make my Nana poke you in the back...wondering why on earth you should read my ramblings. I've got only one answer for you...in view of the fact that I happen to be a bit of a wackadoo, my musings can be your evidence that you are completely normal, thus relieving you of the fear that you have gone loco. Leave that part to me. Oh, and I love to use the thesaurus, as I have an affinity for elocution and a deep seated, albeit odd obsession with grandiose language.
So dig in and be prepared...

Friday, July 4, 2014

What happens when you hit the wall at the same time that you get a hurricane and it's the 4th of July...

Well, you end up spending the day finally digging your way out of the mess that is your house, alternately yelling and stomping at everyone around you…
then you feel like you're going to collapse from exhaustion…
then you feel guilty for not doing a single thing with your kids to celebrate Independence Day…
then you just drink wine to make the edges fuzzy.
I'm battling epic exhaustion from lack of sleep, frustration at the kids for selective hearing, irritation at life for my food allergy battles, burnout from homeschooling and finally…annoyance that I haven't done a better job training my entire family to work together more diligently so I DON'T FEEL LIKE A FREAKING MAID/BUTLER/CHAUFFEUR/SOCIAL DIRECTOR/SHORT ORDER COOK.
I am seriously so burned out at this point that I could sleep for a week.
And yes, I know how blessed I am to have FIVE healthy children.
Yes, I know how lucky I am to have such a fantastic husband.
Yes, I am aware that I am privileged to have a roof over my head and food on my table.
Yes, I know that all of the things I am frustrated over may seem trivial to some of you.
HOWEVER, they aren't trivial to me.  It's my life and sometimes I'm just SO tired…I know tomorrow is a new day and I'll (hopefully) be more rested and less cranky.
Until then?   More wine, more chocolate and, hopefully, MORE SLEEP.

No comments:

Post a Comment